Le moment de l'action est venu

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday 4 March 2010

Guatemala update #1

Daily Notes...

Saturday morning I was in Guatemala, finaly after so much waiting. I enjoy coming here before a Saturday, waking up to Saturday market is the best thing on earth! The day started with me kissing my lovely grandma. Getting ready for the day and driving off in the crazy traffic madness of Guatemala city! I cannot tell you how many times I forgot to breath cause I was so scared we would crash. But my uncle is an expert in moving thru it, so away to El Mercadito we where! Today my stomach feel a bit upset BUT it was all worth it. The freshness you feel in a market like this. Is a one street market full of food, fruits, and veggies that fill the baskets with colorful flavours. I wish I had my camera so I could have capture my feelings in a picture. Kids running around. Some dirty some dirtier, but cute.

For a minute I stoped and stared (I tend to do that, I just kind of space out!) things so simple as kids running, fresh smelly markets, people screaming out the great prices they have in their little tents and offering you the best deals make me happy! I ate everything I could possibly think of. Shaved Ice with lemon and salt (sounds gross, I know, but is actually delish!) Green mangos with lemon and salt. Strawberry ice cream in a plastic bag. Fruits. Nuts. Guatemalan candies and more!!! I know, pig you might be thinking, but it was not much I promise, it only sounds like it. I just love the simpleness of it all. Then we went out shopping so we could have stuff in the house and a few other things to take back home. The rest of the evening was spent with my grandma, my step grandfather, his brother and my uncle. Lerning other languages, tongtwisters, crossword puzzling, sudoku, making fun of stupid insignificant stuff (like my family tends to do, and I found out my grandma is just like me when it comes to that) and remembering how weird of a kid I was and the things I just to do, like eating worms, climbing the hall wall, having weird thums, and how I was always intriged but my grandmas old thing and how I aways though she had hidden treasures somewhere in the house. I love them all. They are all so sweet and funny, smart, and weird like me. End of day one and my thoughts.

Now is Monday and I find my self updating info and adding more. Sunday we went to church and saw a few friends, later that afternoon my cousins came around to the house and had dinner with us. I do get tired of getting questioned about life and things I am doing or things I am not doing! I should just wear a t-shirt and say 'find your answer here!' (really, they ALL ask the same stuff).

Today we spend it with my grandma (she is the priority in this trip) and now I am in bed ready for another long day tomorrow! :) hope you are all having an awesome week!

Some how I can't figure this out and I can't post from my phone! So I'll go on to write about today Tuesday, we woke up at 5:30 in the morning to be in 'El Pedregal' (this breakfast place I've gone since I was little) the drive as usual crazy but it was yummy on my tummy! By 9 breakfast was over and we went to Iximche (land of the corn from the post-classic Mayan time) we walk till it got boring but we got to show my brother in law where my dad was born. We headed down to visit some family and then back to the capital (my grandmas house where pretty much all the girl cousins got together (maybe about 13 girls in the house) so we order pizza and hang and talk for hours. Day is over again and trying to figure how to put this up. Wensday has come and gone and I can't figure this out. Today was a long day. Antigua was on first and of course breakfast. The a quick walk thru the streets and we headed to 'La cabana Suiza' is really cute restaurant that I have gone to since I was a kid and that brings a LOT of memories! :) after we headed down to visit a doctor that made Diego a reality (long story) anywho, after that we went to visit my grandpas brother and his wife so at least they could meet Diego. My grandma was next, so we had a little dinner with her and headed back to the hotel where we would meet our cousin and her cute daughter. My aunt came too. This day, like I said, was way too long but we got to be with family! :) goodnight and tomorrow I'll make sure I get this online.

No comments: